What is Ultimaker Cura:
At the heart of Ultimaker Cura is its powerful, open-source slicing engine, built through years of expert in-house development and user contributions.
- Intent profiles print specific applications at the click of a button
- Recommended profiles tested for thousands of hours ensure reliable results
- ‘Custom mode’ gives over 400 settings for granular control
- Regular updates constantly improve features and printing experience
Easy to use
Manufacturing doesn’t need to be complicated. We design our software so anyone can use it – both experienced or rookie 3D printer users.
- Prepare your 3D model for print in minutes with recommended settings
- Simply choose speed and quality settings, and you can start printing
- Ultimaker Cura is free and open source software
If you own a 3D printer, software matters. Get the most from your printer with software designed to suit your workflow.
- Seamless integration with all Ultimaker products
- CAD plugin integration with SolidWorks, Siemens NX, Autodesk Inventor, and more
- Compatible file types: STL, OBJ, X3D, 3MF, BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG
Ultimaker is delighted to add a new product to its software suite: Ultimaker Essentials.
Ultimaker Essentials is an enterprise-grade package of Ultimaker software products that can be centrally deployed throughout an organisation, with greater stability, uniformity and a higher level of security.
Why Ultimaker Essentials?
It is a known fact that Ultimaker Cura is used by millions of users around the globe with great success, but feedback we’ve received from many companies was that difficulties existed to adopt and scale 3D printing within their organisations because of IT requirements.
Enter Ultimaker Essentials. We developed Ultimaker Essentials for businesses. Not only the operators, but especially the IT admins and managers responsible for setting up and maintaining a secure, uniform and stable infrastructure too benefit from this launch.
What is in Ultimaker Essentials?
- Ultimaker Cura Enterprise. A new enterprise edition of Ultimaker Cura makes distribution and management easy for IT professionals. With each release independently security tested, you can deploy a tested, stable, and more secure slicing application to anywhere employees need to work
- Ultimaker Digital Factory. Manage your organisation’s 3D printing operations with an overview of multiple machines, by starting and queueing print jobs remotely, and creating teams of users. It’s also your central hub for downloading Ultimaker Cura Enterprise and accessing support
- Ultimaker Marketplace. Access a controlled version of the Ultimaker Marketplace. Only verified plugins and third-party material profiles are allowed, maintaining a higher level of security and stability
- Support. For any technical query, browse a comprehensive knowledge base or get direct support during business hours
- Ultimaker 3D Printing Academy. An Ultimaker Essentials subscription gives you access to online learning content for IT admins developed by our experts. (Keep reading for more on our new e-learning platform!)
Together with Ultimaker Essentials we are also launching the Ultimaker Academy. This is another platform which we are introducing where we will host various courses and learning plans for your betterment. Upon launch there are a couple of different courses available; onboarding courses for our S-line products and a course especially for IT admins. The course for your printer will become unlocked when you register your Ultimaker.
Starting today, we are launching an Early Access period where eligible customers* can sign up for free to Ultimaker Essentials and Ultimaker Academy. The Early Access period will run until October 2020. After that date you can choose to continue using Ultimaker Essentials for €250/$300 per year per organisational unit or you can decide to cancel your subscription at the end of the Early Access period. If your company is using 3D printing, it can probably benefit from deploying Ultimaker Essentials! Visit this page to sign up.